Looking for the cheapest way how to make a Low-Budget Dalgona coffee? On this 2nd episode of “The Lockdown”, I will teach you how to make your own special coffee by just using fork and a bowl.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Prior to being popular on social media, this coffee is known as whipped coffee or beaten coffee. Interestingly, the name gave us idea that this coffee is made through whipping or beating. After drinking this coffee in Macau, Korean actor Jung II – Woo called it Dalgona coffee. According to him, he called it dalgona because he thought it is similar to the popular Korean dalgona spongy candy.
I made this low-budget Dalgona coffee by using three ingredients: instant coffee powder, sugar and milk, and 2 equipment: fork and a bowl. For best result, you can use a hand mixer or a whisk.
- Add 2 tbsp of instant coffee and 2 tbsp of sugar on the mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot water and whisk it until it becomes thick and frothy.
- Put warm or ice-cold milk in the glass.
- Finally pour your caramelise coffee into the milk.
- You can add chocolate powder on top. (Optional).
Missed the episode 1 of “The Lockdown”? This episode guides you how to make an indoor garden. You can watch it here.